In a medical emergency, the services look to your phone as the first point of information.
It’s virtually impossible to unlock a smartphone to identify who you are so it is important to get your phone to provide relevant information quickly and easily without unlocking the phone.
Your locked smartphone can still show both your ICE contacts and your medical information, if set up correctly.
On the lock screen on the Android phone, swipe up to display the unlock screen and tap on EMERGENCY CALL
Ice Contacts will be displayed along the top.
Emergency Medical Info is at the bottom.
Adding Ice Contacts
The video below explains the procedure on a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone running Android Ver 7 (Nougat).
- Open the Contacts App
- Tap the three dots on the top right of the screen
- Tap Groups
- This will show All Groups. The first item is ICE – emergency contacts.
- Search for contact members and for each contact tap the + to add that person to your Emergency contacts group.
- On the lock screen on the Android phone, swipe up to display the unlock screen and tap on EMERGENCY CALL.
- At the top, tap the + button and select the contacts, along with the specified number, that you want displayed along top of the screen.
- The selected contacts will now be displayed and can be dialled directly.
Emergency medical information
Open the Contacts App
Your Contact list will display some sections
- My Profile
- Frequently Contacted
- Alphabetical list of contacts
Under My Profile
- Select yourself
- Tap Edit and complete your information.
- Scroll down and tap on Emergency medical info and complete that section.
- Look for a “View More” dropdown and complete that information too
- When finished, tap DONE.
- Then tap SAVE.
- On the lock screen on the Android phone, swipe up to display the unlock screen and tap on EMERGENCY CALL
- Tap the icon on the bottom left to display your Emergency medical information
What else should you do?…
This is just ONE of about 30 steps we do in our comprehensive smartphone setup.
Get an expert to customise your SmartPhone to suit your Work, Play, Travel and Everyday lifestyle.