Splashtop Streamer is a safe way of providing remote desktop support to client’s computers. The software links your computer to Martin’s HelpDesk only (no one else will be able to access your computer). It enables an administrator to perform maintenance tasks on your computer or network remotely.
On Demand Connection
An on demand connection is a one time only connection. You download and run a piece of software. This will generate a 9 digit code which you give to Martin’s HelpDesk.
Follow the steps below:
- Click on [ SOS-Download ]
- Run the file that you have downloaded (SplashtopSOS.exe). Depending on which browser you are using you will see differing ways to save and run this file:
a) Microsoft Edge: At the bottom of the browser window a message will appear:
“What do you want to do with SplashtopSOS.exe (7.5 MB)?”
b) Google Chrome: At the bottom left side of the browser window a button will appear:
click on this button
Click the three horizontal bars at the top right of the browser window, select Downloads and then click on SplashtopSOS.exe.
- At the message “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC”, Click Yes.
- Please give the generated 9 digit code to Martin’s HelpDesk for an immediate remote support connection.
If you are a TalkTalk internet subscriber then by default TalkTalk will block the download of this software. (TalkTalk blocks all remote desktop software)
- Visit the TalkTalk Web Site
- Click My Account and Log In
- Go to My Services, left column headed Broadband, View Homesafe Settings
- Under Kids Safe, click the drop down ‘Choose which websites to block and allow‘
- Ignore the left hand column. In the right hand column headed Specific websites, click in the box that says ‘Enter website address‘
and type www.martinshelpdesk.com then click the button under ‘Allow‘
- Scroll down and click ‘Save Changes‘
Check if you already have Splashtop Streamer Installed
If you are an existing client, you may already have Splashtop Streamer installed on your computer. You can check this by looking for the Splashtop logo in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen. Click the up arrow shown at the left of the system tray icons to reveal the hidden system tray icons.
If you see the blue Splashtop logo, you already have it installed and there is nothing further to do other than leave your computer on.
Follow all the instructions to install, allow and enable the installation and connection.
Please click HERE
On the resulting web page, tick the box: I am sure I want to allow remote access to my computer
…and follow the resulting Step 1 and Step 2 instructions to Download and Run. This web page should provide you with all the instructions of installing and configuring the software.
Do not mistake this web page example for the actual software you will be opening.
With the downloaded Splashtop Streamer software running, please look under the Status tab, and scroll down to Computer Deployment where you may have to type in a code:
Copy and paste this code to the empty code box or type it in.
Once installed on your computer Martin’s HelpDesk will be able to see your computer and connect to it.
Splashtop Streamer will remain installed on your computer and allows continued access your computer should you require support at a future time.
*** A remote desktop connection is the most cost effective way of accessing your computer and saves both time and call out fees***